Sunday, March 19, 2006

Overlooked Films of the 90s

The Online Film Critics Society's Top 100 Overlooked Films of the 1990s. This wouldn't be worth posting if so many of my favortite 90s films (overlooked or otherwise) weren't on it. Sure, I have a problems with a few of these... Lasts Days of Disco and That Thing You Do were overlooked for many valid reasons as far as I'm concerned... but so will everybody else. What surprises me is the number of great films listed that I really wouldn't consider "overlooked". Aren't movies like Glengarry Glen Ross, Babe and Miller's Crossing pretty much considered classics in certain circles at this point?

Whatever, I could close my eyes and randomly place a finger down anywhere on this list and pick a seldom talked about film (Heavenly Creatures, Bobby Fischer, Hard Eight, Pump Up The Volume, Fearless, The Ice Storm, One False Move, Sneakers, etc...) that I've watched way too many times and will never get tired of. I approve of this list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home