Friday, September 09, 2005

Omni Magazine


While searching for something unrelated tonight I found this post on another blog about Omni magazine. I remember reading it religiously (I was a subscriber) every month cover to cover for years and years... even the bits I couldn't understand a word of. I remember tearing the circus freaks pictorial out of the 10th anniversary issue and throwing it away so I wouldn't have to look at it again. I remember, after not having read the magazine in a few years, seeing an issue in the high school library. It was a super slim issue that had the cast of Deep Space Nine on the cover or something. I knew then that the magazine's days were numbered. I don't know when exactly, but at some point in the last ten years I lost all my back issues.

This article from 1997 that talks about the move to an online only format. The Wikipedia entry says the print version ceased in 1995. I didn't even know it lasted that long. I just know I let my subscription lapse at a certain point in junior high and it became impossible to find.

now www.omnimag.com redirects to Penthouse

why did this magazine have to die?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home