Tuesday, June 28, 2005

The Silver Arrows


I've only just begun to pay attention to the Silver Arrows as they get ready to leave. They played what will probably be their last show for awhile a few nights ago before moving from Denton to New York... without the drummer, who's staying behind.

The band had a song on Pyramid Scheme's Long Con Compilation last year that I didn't really like at first but which really grew on me. They play a sort of energetic, snotty art-rock that sounds like it would be really fun live. I hope their next Texas show isn't too far away.

I don't think they have released much (or anything, really) beyond the Long Con track at this point. They have been recording all they can before they leave and posting the results on their site. The plan is to find a new drummer once they get to New York and, I guess, become indie rock sensations. I wish them luck and hope this isn't the end of this very interesting band. We know how this goes. Of course, they can always go back home to Denton again if it turns out the rest of the world sucks. It worked for Centro-Matic.

Silver Arrows - "Parade" [MP3, 3.5MB, 128kbps]

Silver Arrows - "Up and Down" [MP3, 2.4MB, 128kbps]

Silver Arrows - "Gonna Do Those Things" [MP3, 2.6MB, 128kbps]

>>----The--Silver--Arrows---->>

Silver Arrows @ MySpace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home